Congratulations on your engagement!
Scheduling Your Wedding at St. Peter Church
Couples who want to request the celebration of the Sacrament of Matrimony should contact the Pastor at the time of formal engagement or at least six months prior to the anticipated date of the wedding. Couples are required to participate in a two-fold marriage preparation program: the Stevens Point Deanery-based group course and our parish-based program. An overview of the process is listed below:
- An initial meeting with the Pastor
- Engaged Couples Retreat Weekend ( to register or call Saint Peter Parish Office for Brochure.)
- Meeting with Pastor for Prenuptial Questionnaire
- FOCCUS TEST
- Natural Family Planning (NFP) Course
- Meet with the pastor to review FOCCUS Test results
- Meeting with the director of Sacred Music to discuss wedding music
- Final meeting with Pastor to go over the Wedding Ceremony
Also, when one of the parties is not a Catholic or is a non-practicing Catholic, the couple must arrange for a course of instruction in the Catholic faith. Contact the parish office at (715) 344-6115 for more information.
For more information about Marriage Preparation, see the information posted by the Family Life Office.