- Passing on the Faith – True Freedom (10/22/2021)
According to Merriam-Webster, America’s most trusted online dictionary, Freedom is defined as the quality of state of being free, such as: the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action, liberation from slavery or from the power of another.
Freedom does not mean that one can do whatever he/she wants. Rather freedom, in the right sense, is the choice to do what is right. When we think of Freedom, we think of Freedom of belief, Freedom of speech, Freedom of the Press, Freedom of Religion etc. These different types of freedom can be classified and differentiated as: Physical Freedom – the ability to move and control our own body; Spiritual Freedom – the liberation from sins, inner demons and destructive desires; and Political Freedom – the freedom to exercise human rights.
Fundamentally true Freedom comes from the transformation of soul by the power of the Holy Spirit and by The Word of God. Hence, the ultimate freedom is the spiritual liberty in God.
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth” (John 16:13).
“If you continue in my word, you are my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free” (John 8:31-32).
It is for this freedom, St. Paul says, that Christ has set us free (Cf. Galatians 5:1). St. Peter in his first Letter exhorts us not to use it as a pretext for evil (Cf. 1 Peter 2:15-16). Unfortunately, knowing where true freedom is found, we don’t always do what is best for us, because our dispositions and of our children are diverse. Hence, the children don’t act or behave in the manner, the parents expect from them. This is a sign that all need to be educated in the path of faith. The path of faith is the most personal path, that involves one’s relationship with God. Parents, first of all, should reflect in their personal prayer and find out where they stand in the path of faith. Then they can ignite the light of faith needed for their children and help them to use their freedom effectively. Thus, the parents should transmit faith and help their children to discover God’s plan for their children.
God bless you
Fr. Arul Joseph V.
- Passing on Faith – Creating an atmosphere of Trust and Friendship (10/8/2021)
- Passing on Faith – Personal Testimony (10/1/2021)
- Convocation: A Message from Fr. Ed (9/18/2021)
- As Disciples, should we be unworthy servants? (8/21/2021)
- Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (8/6/2021)
- Understanding the Tenth Commandment (7/30/2021)
- Understanding the Ninth Commandment (7/23/2021)
- Glad, we are back (7/8/2021)
- Give Thanks for Fr. Arturo Vigueras (6/25/2021)
- Understanding Eighth Commandment (6/12/2021)