A call from the National Bishops
The United States Conference of the Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has called for a revival of faith through the strength gained by the Eucharist.
“I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world” (John 6:51).
Jesus Christ invites us to come to the source and summit of life in the Eucharist. Hence, The USCCB has decided to launch National Eucharistic Revival, in order to restore a deeper understanding and devotion to this great mystery in the country.
If one would ask the question, why it is needed now, the USCCB responds that it is needed now, because the Church needs healing. Since scandal, division, disease and doubt are now like roaring waves causing a disaster in the life of the faithful, the USCCB feels that we need to confront all evils with the power of Jesus truly present in the Eucharist. Jesus, ever present in our midst, reminds us that He is more powerful than the waves of storm to heal, renew and unify the Church and the world.
The USCCB has planned the Eucharistic Revival as a spiritual journey for the next three years. I am sharing with you their plan of the revival journey:
- Launching: On June 19, 2022, The Feast of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, the revival journey will be launched with the Eucharistic Procession and Adoration.
- Year of Diocesan Revival: June 19, 2022 – June 11, 2023 will be the first year of revival at the diocesan level, so that the Bishop, the Staff and the Clergy may equip themselves with the power of Jesus to share it with the people through Eucharistic Congress and events.
- Year of Parish Revival: June 11, 2023 – July 17, 2024 will be the second year of revival at the Parish level, fostering deeper devotion through Eucharistic Adoration, faithful celebration of the Holy Mass, Preaching and organizing Missions etc.
- National Eucharistic Congress: July 17 – 21, 2024 People from all States will gather for a Eucharistic Congress in Indianapolis to re-consecrate their hearts to the source and summit of our faith.
- Year of Going out on Mission: July 21, 2024 – Pentecost 2025 will mark the third year of the Revival journey. The Holy Spirit will enkindle the Eucharistic fire in the hearts of the faithful to live out their faith in daily life.
“Jesus has made Himself the Bread of Life to give us life. Night and day, He is there. If you really want to grow in love, come back to the Eucharist, come back to that Adoration” (St. Mother Theresa of Calcutta).
God bless you
Fr. Arul Joseph V.